Essay on Kartarpur Sahib corridor
Kartarpur Sahib corridor – 250 and 500 Words Essay
- 250 Words Essay on Kartarpur Sahib corridor
- 500 Words Essay on Kartarpur Sahib corridor
Imran Khan, Pakistan Prime Minister laid the base for the “Kartarpur Sahib corridor” that is located on the Pakistan side. Pakistan and India agreed to build this corridor on the respective sides. This was done to enable Sikh devotees to pay devotion at Gurdwara Nankana Sahib at the 550th birth-anniversary of Nanak Dev.
250 Words Essay on Kartarpur Sahib corridor
A few months post discarding proposal of Pakistan to open the Kartarpur Sahib corridor. The Indian government has suddenly agreed plans to open free of cost entry corridor mainly for Indian Sikh pilgrims who wish to visit Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara in Pakistan. This move was pending since a long time and was very much appreciated by all Indian devotees. The work to execute this task took place on the side of the Indian border when Pakistani PM scheduled to lay the base of the corridor located on the Pakistan side on 28th November.
The act of agreement between Pakistan and India to open the corridor was a major indication that inspite of the confrontation between both these nations, there was a possibility of reconciliation. It is worth to notice that the corridor inauguration happened at the time when both these nations were involved in bitter mutual allegations.
India presented the proposal for the “Kartarpur Sahib” corridor in the year 1999 when Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Prime Minister of that time reached Lahore in the bus. The four kilometers long Kartarpur corridor connects “Dera Baba Nanak” in Gurdaspur district of India with Kartarpur Sahib Narowal located in Pakistan. This corridor provides free access to the Indians to this Gurdwara. The growing demands from political leaders and Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, led to the construction of a corridor.
It enabled all pilgrims from India to come into the land of Pakistan to visit the popular Kartarpur Sahib memorial and return on that same day. Once the corridor got developed, it provided Indian pilgrims with a convenient access to this Kartarpur shrine. To make it possible for Indian devotees, a bridge got created on the Ravi river. There is no requirement for visas or passports.
500 Words Essay on Kartarpur Sahib corridor
The inaugural of Kartarpur Sahib corridor was one of most significant agreements that was done between the two best known rival nations Pakistan and India. both these nations saw a lot of opposition as the ruling Congress party and its opposition party “Akali Dal” competed to get the praise and recognition for the accomplishment of the project. It resulted in a new conflict between the Amarinder Singh, Chief Minister of Punjab and Navjot Singh Sidhu, the cabinet colleague.
Here are mentioned a few important things that are worth learning about the Kartarpur Sahib corridor project.
- Kartarpur Sahi corridor facilitates Sikh pilgrims who are visiting the sixteenth century Gurdwara Darbar Sahib located in Pakistan.
- It is a four kilometers wide corridor that forms a connection between Dera Baba Nanak located in the Gurdaspur district in India with Kartarpur Sahib Narowal Gurdwara located in Pakistan.
- This corridor offers a completely visa-free entry to Sikh pilgrims of India towards the gurdwara.
- The opening of this Kartarpur Sahib corridor was seen as a longstanding demand of the entire Sikh community.
- Former Indian PM of the then time, was the first to suggest the corridor at the time of taking a bus trip to Lahore city in 1999.
- The Gurdwara located on the Ravi river bank is a great historical significance especially for Sikhs. This is because the founder of Sikhism, “Guru Nanak Dev” spent around eighteen years over there.
- This Gurudwara was built by the 1st Sikh Guru in the year 1522. This shrine was around three kms to four kms from the intercontinental border.
- The ultimate decision to establish this corridor ranging from the international border to “Dera Baba Nanak” situated in Gurdaspur district was taken on Novemer 22 by the Union Cabinet.
- Amarinder Singh, the chief minister of Punjab and M Venkaiah Naidu, the Indian Vice President with their mutual co-operation were the two officials who laid the ase of Kartarpur Sahib corridor.
- Pakistan PM of the then time, Mr. Imran Khan inaugurated this groundbreaking corridor ceremony on the Pakistan side on 28 November.
- This inaugural of the corridor was called as the commencement of a new chapter in bilateral ties. It acted as a “unifier” to develop bridges across traditional and ancient chasms.
- Kartarpur acted as a “corridor” that came with limitless possibilities. Sidhu even said that these initiatives promote a sense of peace as well as erase “enmity” between Pakistan and India.
However, it is unsure whether the verdict to open the corridor is an amendment in policy that states beginning of a new stage of cooperation between Pakistan and India or a development that aims at appeasing domestic audiences. Where discussions pertaining to the opening of Kartarpur corridor are going, both Pakistan and India blame one another for stimulating tensions along the Line Of Control.
It is quite believable that India as well as Pakistan will get benefitted on a domestic level than using the development of corridor as a chance to initiate a discussion on pressing bilateral issues like deep mistrust. It is also suspected that this event will prove to be helpful for BJP in making significant electoral gains in general elections.