Essay On Food
Food is the fundamental essentiality for the survival and well being of mankind. Food helps in proper development needed at all steps of life such as infancy, adolescence, adulthood, and childhood. It is an inevitable requirement for a healthy and sound body. Let us more on the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy food.
250 words essay on food
Our body has to perform several functions such as respiration, digestion, development of new tissues and repair worn out tissues, assimilation, etc. For all these tasks, it needs energy and necessary nutrition. A healthy, and well-balanced diet provides energy, and nutrition to the cells of the body to generate the forces that keeps your heart beating, the limbs moving, and the lungs breathing.
The food you eat should provide you the right proportion of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. All these elements are necessary for the proper growth of the body. If any of these elements are missing in your diet, then it can cause its deficiency in the body, and that can lead to diseases. Also, food should be eaten in moderation. You can focus on quality than quantity of food. Over-nutrition can lead to health hazards and making you prone to diseases.
Some of the healthy food guidelines are as follows:
- Eat freshly cooked home-made food
- Eat more of seasonal vegetables, and fruits in your diet
- Avoid junk food, fried food, and processed foods that you get in the market.
- Include organic, and raw whole grain foods, and nuts
- Avoid sweet foods, and sweetened beverages.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water, buttermilk, coconut water, green tea, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetable soups on a regular basis.
- Replace white foods such as white sugar, white bread, white rice and refined flour, by brown sugar, brown bread, brown rice, and multigrain flour.
- Consume small meals 4-5 times a day
500 words essay on food
We can’t live without food. Like air, and water, good fresh is a pre-requisite of a human body. The nutrients contained in the food are very essential for proper nourishment of the cells, and tissues in the body. This leads to sound development and functioning of the various organs of the body. When you eat the right food, it promotes good health, and prevents diseases too. Healthy food is the one that provides the right amount of all the necessary to your body to keep it fit, and healthy.
Healthy food is the key to better health. Where today’s young generation is more inclined to junk foods, it is important to make them aware of the harm of junk foods. In addition to it, you must educate them about the significance of healthy food.
One of the reasons that contribute towards increase in the consumption of junk foods is the expansion of the fast-food market. With food delivery apps, more, and more people are now preferring to eat junk food. Not just it tastes better, but is also easier to make. But if we focus on the pleasure of taste buds, we are putting our health at a lot of risk.
Consequences of eating junk food
- Firstly, it leads to poor concentration that adversely impacts productivity in people
- Secondly, being less in fiber, and fried, it is difficult to digest, and causes constipation.
- Thirdly, junk foods are high in unhealthy fats, triglyceride and cholesterol that cause long term ailments in a person.
- It increases blood glucose levels, and clogs arteries that restricts flow of blood to the heart. This gives rise to severe ailments such as heart disease, and diabetes.
- Junk food is rich in unhealthy fats and oils, that causes weight gain in the body. Regular eating of such foods makes one obese.
- Junk foods are devoid of any nutrition, that do not provide adequate nutrition to the body. In this way, it leads to deficiency of nutrition, malfunctioning of organs, poor growth, reduced muscle mass, and ailments caused due to these deficiencies.
- Junk foods make you dull, lazy, and lifeless. You become out of shape, and less attractive.
Benefits of healthy food
Where junk food is devoid of the essential nutrients such as carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, healthy food has plenty of them. Eating healthy food keeps your body healthy, and stimulates your soul, and mind. As the cells of the different vital organs gets properly nourished, the food helps in improving the functionality of the brain, lungs, stomach, intestines, etc. High amounts of vitamins, and antioxidants in fresh fruits, and vegetables enhances the defense mechanism of the body that keeps you unaffected by illness.
Also read: Essay On Culture
Healthy foods are the ones that are consumed as a whole with minimum or negligible processing. They are finest for our health. Some of the examples of these foods are fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, dairy products, pulses, and beverages such as coconut water, butter milk, green tea etc. Junk food may feel appealing, and tempting, but causes a lot of damage to your health. Healthy foods may not taste that well but gives you a stronger, and healthier body in the long run. So, adopt a healthy lifestyle by incorporating healthy foods in it.